Sunday, January 23, 2005

Fascination with Fire


Fire Posted by Hello

Other than it's too cold for my taste outside, I can't figure out why I'm so fascinated with having a wood burning stove in my home. I finally figured out how to get a real wood fire with logs going in the stove, and ever since then, if I have the time, there's a fire going. Friday night it took two hours but the fire was roaring and the whole house was warmer. It's amazing how much more fuel it takes to get a wood fire going as opposed the fakos I'm used to using. It's Sunday, and here I am once again playing with fire. Something about it seems calming and detressing to me. I discovered that next to running, the proverbial detstressor is a glass of wine, a movie, and a fire at home. Now, being by myself isn't the greatest option for this type of entertainment, however, it's very relaxing and soothing.

I happened to rent
Bridget Jones' Diary, Troy, and Hero this weekend. Being that I'm on vocal rest there's not much I can do but read books or watch movies. Hero was a good movie, but Troy was more to my mood as of late. Incidentally BJD was on tv tonight too. Oh well, I still enjoyed it on my DVD. I like a good romantic comedy and watching the show almost feels like I'm watching a show about myself. The 'single girls' in my age group are getting slimmer every year with every wedding. So I really identify with Jone's character. I also feel a lot like "Lucy" in While You Were Sleeping. Big surprise they are all single ladies trying to 'get a long' in life as such.

While watching movies, I also started up another stew in the Crock Pot. Basically it's a random concotion of spices and veggies, although this time I used venison. My parents decided I needed yet more food from their house so I had to cook this stuff eventually. Well, I'm off to watch yet another movie. Have a good night.

No comments: