Thursday, August 25, 2005

TA DA!

YEAH!!! My Dad brought the first gun that I learned to use (like I said he kept switching them on me) and I actually shot really well today! I'd say I went from 25% to about 65-70% and I've only been shooting skeet four times in my LIFE! This is about 10 rounds (25 shells a round) total! I was so excited! It was strange that I totally missed the easy targets, but then nailed the hard ones, I even hit one I had never done before! I guess it just clicked. My Dad says that usually you get really good and then lose it one week, and it just comes and goes sometimes. Today was the first time I saw my Dad shoot, and he's really good! It was cool. I also got to see someone shoot two at the exact same time on a 'double pull.'

On another random note I discovered that I managed to jam my hip socket in TKB (turbo kick box.) I can't give up TKB, but I will at least keep my exercise to walking until we know for sure I'm healed. Today I was really sore and in pain, but ibuprofen saved the day. We'll see how I am tommorow. Wish me luck! I really have no clue what is going on with the left side of my body. First I get shin splints from running training, now I've got a jammed hip and my neck on the left also feels stiff. I could just still be healing from the Dec. accident or maybe I just overdid it in TKB on a stressful day or something :)

WHOOHOOO, I'm so glad I'm making progress with skeet shooting. It actually made my day! My Dad says I'm very instinctive, so hopefully I'll stay that way. If you think too much, you actually get worse. It sounds strange but if you experienced what I'm doing then you'd know what I was talking about. Happy Weekend!

No comments: