Friday, August 05, 2005

Correction

Today was my 2nd time out using a shot gun (not a rifle as posted earlier, oops, sorry). I did tons better today (when I was alone) doing even more stations. I learned that when I have the shot to take it right then, I seem to hesitate just to make sure I've got it and then I miss (and I wouldn't miss if I followed through on the swing, either way). Anyway, so it was really good to finally start hitting some clay more consistently and on more challenging stations. I'd say I'm up to 50% which is a 25% increase from last time. Remember, as you make fun of my numbers, that this is only the 2nd time in my life ever shooting anything (that hits something), let alone a moving target. The tricky stations are those that you have to have a certain amount of lead (like 2 ft ahead etc), the stations where you just aim and wait for it to fall there are the easiest (obviously). This time I didn't forget to hold my hand over the used shells (so they don't fly at your face or someone elses when you open the gun), and it was much easier handeling the gun.

Btw the gun I'm using is a 28 gauge with about 6.9 lbs of weight if that makes any difference to those who asked me before. I also found out that a rifle shoots bullets (really big ones), and a shot gun shoots shells (which are lead pellets that spray out and hit the target).

No comments: