Saturday, April 16, 2005

He's Just Not That Into You: My Review

Today I went to Border's with Kate and we enjoyed the 25% teacher discount weekend. I bought several books including: He's Just Not That Into You, Einstein's Violin, The Chronicles of Narnia, Shared Dream, and the new Over the Rhine CD: Drunkard's Prayer. I bought the first book because I heard it was really good, the second I bought because it sounded super interesting, the third because I want to reread these books, the fourth because Kate is a Romance novel fanatic so I thought I'd give it a whirl, the last because I like Over the Rhine.

When I returned home, I read He's Just Not That Into You in a matter of hours. It was a very fast, easy read. It was funny and interesting, although some things were really obvious. I found it to basically be written support of friends' advice and good common sense that one should keep in mind. With that said, I plan to make a list of standards, because I have to admit I am guilty of 'letting down some of my standards' for what I really want in life. I'm sure we've all done that, but I think I'd be really happier in the long run if I actually stuck to what I knew to be the correct path, although definitely not the easiest. I need to remember one thing, "I am the rule, NOT the exception. Don't waste the pretty." :)

No comments: