Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Devotions Pt. V

This is the last set of verses I read the day I originally posted "Today's Devotions." I wish I had more Biblical resources to help me get through the emotional turmoil that creeps it's way in, wreaking havoc on my heart. No matter what I do, I still feel empty, although I'm supposed to be filled with God's love. I don't get it. :(

Truth from the Bible about Christian Fellowship:

Live a life of love just as Christ loved us and gave himself for us as a sweet-smelling offering and sacrifice to God. Speak to each other with psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs, singing and making music in your hearts to the Lord. Always give thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. Ephesians 5:2, 19-20

Truth from the Bible about Singles:

But if you decide to marry, you have not sinned. And if a girl who has never married decides to marry, she has not sinned. But those who marry will have trouble in this life, and I want you to be free from trouble. 1 Corinthians 7:28

I want you to be free from worry. A man who is not married is busy with the Lord’s work, trying to please the Lord. But a man who is married is busy with things of the world, trying to please his wife. I am saying this to help you, not to limit you. But I want you to live in the right way, to give yourselves fully to the Lord without concern for other things. 1 Corinthians 7:32-33, 35

Trust the Lord with all your heart, and don’t depend on your own understanding. Remember the Lord in all you do, and He will give you success. Don’t depend on your own wisdom. Respect the Lord and refuse to do wrong. Proverbs 3:5-7

Enjoy serving the Lord, and he will give you what you want. Psalm 37:4

Truth from the Bible about Marriage:

When a man finds a wife, he finds something good. It shows that the Lord is pleased with him. Proverbs 18:22

Get married and have sons and daughters. Find wives for your sons, and let your daughters be married so they also may have sons and daughters. Jeremiah 29:6

But because sexual sin is a danger, each man should have his own wife, and each woman should have her own husband. 1 Corinthians 7:2

Let us think about each other and help each other to show love and do good deeds. Hebrews 10:24

No comments: