Monday, April 18, 2005

Devotions Pt III

I have slacked on sharing the rest of these verses from before. I have 20 minutes to do this so here goes. (I hope to only have 2 more entries covering the "Today's Devotion" blog entries.)

What to do when nothing seems to be going right

Wait for the Lord's help. Be strong and brave, and wait for the Lord's help. Psalm 27:14

I wait for the Lord to help me, and I trust his word. Psalm 130:5

Let us live in a right way, like people who belong to the day. We should not have wild parties or get drunk. There should be no sexual sins of any kind, no fighting or jealousy. But clothe yourselves with the Lord Jesus Christ and forget about satisfying your sinful self. Romans 13:13-14

The Bible is your source of strength:

I am sad and tired. Make me strong again as you have promised. Psalm 119:28

I ask the Father in his great glory to give you the power to be strong inwardly through His Spirit. I pray that Christ will live in your hearts by faith and that your life will be strong in love and be built on love. Ephesians 3:16-17

God will strengthen you will his own great power so that you will not give up when troubles come, but you will be patient. And you will joyfully give thanks to the Father who has made you able to have a share in all that he has prepared for his people in the kingdom of light. Colossians 1:11-12

He gives strength to those who are tired and more power to those who are weak. Even children become tired and need to rest, and young people trip and fall. But the people who trust the lord will become strong again. They will rise up as an eagle in the sky; they will run and not need rest; they will walk and not become tired. Isaiah 40:29-31

I can do all things through Christ, because he gives me strength. Philippians 4:13

I love you Lord. You are my strength. The Lord is my rock, my protection, my Savior. My God is my rock. I can run to him for safety. He is my shield and my saving strength, my defender. I will call to the Lord, who is worthy of praise, and I will be saved from my enemies. Psalm 18:1-3

The Lord is my light and the one who saves me. I fear no one. The Lord protects my life; I am afraid of no one. Evil people may try to destroy my body. My enemies and those who hate me attacker me, but they are overwhelmed and defeated. Psalm 27:1-2

No comments: