Monday, April 25, 2005

Following My Heart

This past weekend’s events helped me to realize some very important things about God, my friends, and myself. I have to come to learn, but also to experience first hand that everything happens for a reason. God is not only working in my life but the lives of those very close to me. He brought about a chain of events so that me and another friend could have a much-needed ‘wake up call.’

Ideas that I have felt deep within my heart, but couldn’t quite put my finger on, came to light this weekend. Events leading up to this weekend were also necessary for me to have matured to a place where I am today. (I’m all grown up, well at least getting there J) I know I have been saying this saying quite a bit lately. It probably sounds clichĂ© to you, but it’s nothing farther from the truth. God is working in me to create positive change for the better, and I am at a place to receive and be open to His council (finally!).

I have been praying and asked for prayer regarding some concerns in my life. And almost like the blink of an eye, God answered my prayers. Like a chain of events or string of occurrences (go String Theory go!), God has changed the harmony of my life. I found myself constantly going back and forth between consonant and dissonant chords, except I stayed longer on the dissonant chords and very rarely had any resolution.

Well I wouldn’t say that I have fully reached a resolution to the discords of my life, but I’ve progressed closer to a cadence/resolution, as if from a V to a V7 or vii0 (the super script 7 means it’s a seventh chord one step a way from I). Saturday some events occurred that to me were completely shocking and confusing. I was not so much hurt at the time, but more in disbelief. I chose to go home after an unexpected long night out, so that I could attend church Sunday. A certain someone was upset about this, and I didn’t fully understand why after all his helping me to learn to respect myself. Anyway, I stuck with my commitment to God for once, and hoped that this would have positive affects. Sunday I met up with another friend of mine whom I had not seen in almost a year. I was anxious about meeting, but it was a very good talk. It was like everything clicked with what she said, and I felt I could trust her again.

It was a very good meeting and she helped bring some insight over events from the distant past and the recent past (being this weekend). I don’t know whether to feel happy or sad, but I can say that I’m very anxious for the future. I am scared for what I might lose forever, but maybe then again I never fully had ‘it’ because of a certain chemical involved. No, I know I had it, it’s just not available at the moment. How do you act strictly as a friend toward someone you love dearly, but you know that the best thing is for you to be apart from the other (in that way) to work out some gigantic kinks and take some time to reconcile some issues in our own separate lives? It’s very difficult. “It’s simple, but it’s not easy.” God help me to do the right thing and to be a good example and of good support to my friends and loved ones. I need your guidance now more than ever!

No comments: