Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Devotions Pt. IV

Devotions Pt. IV

What the Bible has to say about love:

Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal. And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, but have not love, it profits me nothing. Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails. But whether there are prophecies, they will fail; whether there are tongues, they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will vanish away. So these three things continue forever; faith, hope, love. And the greatest of these is love. 1 Corinthians 13:1-8, 13

This is my command; Love each other as I have loved you. The greatest love a person can show is to die for his friends. You are my friends if you do what I command you. This is my command: Love each other. John 15:12-14, 17

Love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, all your mind, and all your strength. The second command is this: Love your neighbor as you love yourself. There are no commands more important than these. Mark 12:30-31

But God shows his great love for us in this way: Christ died for use while we were still sinners. Romans 5:8

God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only son so that whoever believes in him may not be lost, but have eternal live. John 3:16

What the Bible has to say about personal problems:

Anyone who is having trouble should pray. Anyone who is happy should sing praises. James 5:13

Two people are better than one, because they get more done by working together. If one falls down, the other can help him up. But it is bad for the person who is alone and falls, because no one is there to help. Ecclesiastes 4:9-10

Truth from the Bible about Forgiving Others:

Do not be bitter angry or mad. Never shout angrily or say things to hurt others. Never do anything evil. Be kind and loving to each other, and forgive each other just as God forgave you in Christ. Ephesians 4:31-32

Brothers and sisters, I know that I have not yet reached that goal, but there is one thing I always do. Forgetting the past and straining toward what is ahead, I keep trying to reach the goal and get the prize for which God called me through Christ to the life above. Philippians 3:13-14

The Lord says, forget what happened before, and do not think about the past. I, I am the One who forgives all your sins, for my sake; I will not remember you sins. Isaiah 43: 18,25

No comments: