Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Gwyneth Walker

The St. Louis Women's Chorale is going to NY City to perform in Carnegie Hall with Gwyneth Walker. Today I was searching for the piece (this link is our group singing) our group commissioned for the 30th anniversary performance. (Note: From here on, the links are NOT of St. Louis Women's Chorale singing!) This is one of my favorites thus far.

I really enjoy the texts and the settings to which she composes. Here is a set of six poems all by May Swenson set to music by Gwyneth Walker. I included a link to the poems (this time) because I had them all typed and then something happened with blogger and it erased everything. Being later at night, I have not the patience to rewrite everything. Listen and enjoy (well, some performances could use a bit of adjustment for my ear, but you get the idea anyway).

1. Women Should Be Pedestals
2. Mornings Innocent
3. The Name is Changeless
4. Love is a Rain of Diamonds
5. In Autumn
6. I Will Be Earth

No comments: