Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Twisted

You unknowingly weave me into your web of lies
spinning tales of supposed friendship and love.
I feel like everywhere there are vindictive spies
waiting for the right time to make their shove.

At what point did I start allowing myself to be overcome
by shallow-minded individuals looking out only for their number one?
I once knew who I was and stood my ground,
yet now it's as if I am trapped -- and bound.

Bound by the mistakes that I have made
hopelessly in love that is manipulatively portrayed
by his empty words and false hope
that one day we may tie that rope.

Is there a solution, a light, a guiding hand
to lead me out of the depths in which I currently stand?
Pray God show me the way for I have been torn,
twisted and ruined by those who love to verbally scorn.

I'm finding it difficult to step-aside and let them play their game,
and I am SICK -- of the men looking out for an easy score!
What happened to all the 'good' men
who treated women with respect and good rapport?

I don't believe they even exist
not, at least, on the 'single list.'
Love me for who I am and not how I look
and don't think you know me like an open book!

There's more to this girl than meets the eye
and maybe if you stop blowing smoke, then you'd get a chance to see
my tender, loving, intelligent, and remarkable inner beauty.

Copyright ©2005 Amy M. Bauer

No comments: