Thursday, July 28, 2005

Dance Music

In my effort to make CD's for Saturday, I am in the process of finding music that is Hawaiin and also of the Club nature. I find it very interesting that I am a music teacher, yet I know very little of titles that would be good for these things. So I type in key works like "Hawaii," "Luau," "Summer," and hope that something I recognize comes up. Someone would do very well to have a site that just lists music according to category (especially music that is themed and up-to-date). It dawned on me last night to google "Top 100 Music," and I lucked out and got the billboard top 50 list. This was of tremendous assistance for the later in the party music. I've heard this stuff a million times, but I really don't pay attention to titles and artists (I recognize them when I see them/hear them; I just can't name them off by song and artist). I used to be really into CDs and contemporary music in high school (I was an alternative junkie then). Is it just that my focus has changed in life, or that I consider it non-important and someone else will know these things for me? Well at least I found once source that helped me out with music. Some of the stuff featured later on Saturday include:

50 Cent: Candy Shop, In Da Club, Just a Little Bit
Black Eyed Peas: Don't Phunk With My Heart
DHT: Listen to Your Heart (techno)
Fat Joe/Nelly: Get it Poppin'
Gwen Stafani: Holla Back Girl, Rich Girl
Kelis: Milkshake
Missy Elliot/Ciara/ Fatman Scoop: Lose Control
Nelly: Hot in Herre
Pussycat Dolls/ Busta Rhymes: Don't Cha
Rihanna: Pon de Replay
Sir Mix Alot: Baby Got Back
Snoop Dog: Drop it Like it's Hot
Usher etc: Yeah
Webbie Feat Bun B: Give Me That
Will Smith: Switch
Ying Yang Twins: Shake It Like a Salt Shaker

Maybe this will help you make a CD of fun on your own. Anything I missed?

No comments: