Monday, April 24, 2006

Odd Happenings

So Katie and I are standing outside the church where our choir meets. We were chatting it up about going back to school (yes we are both going back, for different reasons of course.) Anyway we're the last ones there, and our director comes out saying "Are you girls ok?" We say "Yes, we're fine, just talking." He says "Well you should go I wouldn't stick around this area with the bad people around." His words, not mine.

Anyway, he leaves, Katie and I jump in our cars, and as I'm pulling around to leave she waves me over. Turns out someone had busted out her ignition. We later found her xm radio stolen, her cd's gone, and the door handle was cleverly broken underneath the handle. We called the cops, twice. Once to report the incident. The second to actually report the stolen items discovered later. We believe the perpertrators were almost caught by the other people leaving earlier before us and therefore they missed a good portion of the other goodies they could have removed like the sub, and the woofers, and the custom mods under the hood etc. Good thing that the microchip shut down the ignition; at least it works like it says it does.

Kate called her insurance, husband, family, tow company. She has a report number with the police who didn't even come out to do the report! HOW RUDE! It was all over the phone. Sure, they'll come over for my ex-roommates' stolen license plate, but not an attempted theft of a car with actual valuables missing inside and damage done?

The ironic thing is our director asked us if we were ok,; I guess we spoke too soon. At least we were speaking at all, and I was around to wait for reinforcements. What if we hadn't chatted and I left already or our director left too? I guess idol chatter can be good for something, even if just to pass the time in crisis. I just hope things get situated for Kate and Dennis.

2 comments:

jamin said...

That sucks! Was it their Dodge SRT?

Muse said...

Yeah. At least they didn't notice the other things they could have taken. Hopefully they were interrupted.