Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Wicked and Son of a Witch

The book discussion I used to frequent, much more oft than I do now, was reading Wicked last month. I finally finished it about two weeks ago and hungered for more. I went to the library and checked out the "7 Day Loan" edition of Son of a Witch from the Best-Seller Shelves. I had to renew (or exchange rather), but I finally finished reading Son of a Witch (the sequel) yesterday. I'm not sure why I was so compelled by these books, but I absolutely loved them. The ending was beautiful.

I miss reading so much that when I return the book to the library (due today), I'll have to find another one. I almost forgot how I really enjoyed reading, espeically for fun. My problem usually stems from the question of what to read. Having been told what to read for most of my life (especially from all those high-school summer reading requirements about women's struggles etc.), it's hard to know what are valuable books and are also very interesting to me in the fiction sense. I wish I could find a list of quality fictions books of all types (not just the classics) from which to choose for my reading pleasure. I am sometimes overwhelmed at the infinite possibilities, even at my teeny-tiny library off "The Rock Rd".

No comments: