Monday, February 27, 2006

Back to the Beach

Well I finally finished reading my South Beach Book. This time around I thought I would actually try following/eating the recipies in the book rather than making up my own based on the food allowed. So far some of the recipies have been really good. I think I'm eating better food when I make an effort to follow a specific regimen, rather than eating whatever looks good at the time (or is convienant). It's taken a lot of grocery shopping planning and food preparation on my part, but the good news is, I enjoy the food I'm eating a lot better than when I was just making things up as I go along. Yes I'm missing my Sweetarts snacks at school, but I'll survive. For instance today I was offered a banana laffy taffy, a brownie, a twinkie and a juice box (because of special reading week and a student leaving party). I probably would have saved or eaten at least half of that today had I not been on the diet.

On the other hand I'm noticed a bit of dizziness when I start to get hungry again, so I'm thinking I need to up my eating of the 2 recommended the quiche cups to maybe 3.

Here's one recipie I thought very strange at first (by looking at the ingredients). Who knew ricotta cheese could be a dessert?:

1/2 cup part skim ricotta cheese
1/2 tsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
1 pkg sugar substitute (splenda)
Dash expresso powder (I couldn't find this at the store so I used cinnamon)
5 mini chocolate chips (I guess they let us cheat with this one)

Mix it up and eat. YUM!

Since I had Mahi Mahi around, I substuted this recipie for the salmon and it was YUM too!

1 pc of Mahi Mahi
2 tsp e.v. olive oil
2 tsp fresh lemon juice
1/4 tsp salt
Pinch Pepper
2 Cloves Garlic Minced
2 tsp Rosemary Leaves

Mix up the ingredients and brush onto fish. Broil at 350 until done.

No comments: