Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Probiotics, Who knew?

I'm sure you know that birth-control pills can have varying side-affects. Some are good, like having better skin, lighter cycles, and less painful experiences each month. Some are bad like leg cramps, bloating, among other things. Well I was off the pill for a while because I had made a mistake that was causing me to experience early term pregnancy symptoms, otherwise known as morning sickness. Stop taking the pill, the problem goes away. After my system reblanced itself, I went back on it, and experience a side-effect that I had forgotten all about. This problem happened to me before 3 years ago with the same brand so I decided to go with Jasmine.

Anyway as you all know I'm also prone to getting sick quite a bit. My mom suggested taking probiotics. I thought it interesting that by taking this supplement not only are my side-effects diminishing, I'm sure they will be gone once the supplement is completely in my system and my body gets used to the new hormonal balance from the new pill. Look at all the things that taking this pill does:


Probiotics play a key role in human nutrition and health in balancing the intestinal microflora naturally. Probiotics have been used therapeutically to modulate immunity, improve digestive processes, lower cholesterol, treat rheumatoid arthritis, prevent cancer, improve lactose intolerance, and prevent or reduce the effects of atopic dermatitis, Crohn's disease, ulcerative colitis, IBS, diarrhea, constipation as well as candidiasis and urinary tract infections(21).

I'll let you know how it works out in the long run, but itsn't it worth a try? This one pill might help keep me from getting sick at school and do all these other things mentioned above, not to mention eliminate my original problem :)


No comments: