Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Still Lovin' this Blog

I love the way this girl writes. If I could chose someone to emulate in writing it would probably be her. She's intelligent, funny and doesn't have any problem saying what's on her mind.

Here's an example:

An Open Letter to My Future Husband

To My Future Husband,

I think about you often and I must admit it hurts sometimes not to have you here. I truly believe that waiting for you is probably the greatest lesson in delayed gratification that I will probably ever learn. I sometimes feel that you aren’t out there at all . . . that there will never be someone that will appreciate all the things that make me who I am. Please don’t misunderstand. It is not the waiting that is hard. It is the feelings of isolation and longing. It is the doubt and the fear that occasionally show up when I least expect it. However, I realize that none of this should be dwelled upon because God has chosen us for each other and I will find you when He feels it is time. So I keep my faith in Him and patiently I wait. I fill my empty moments with friends, family, poetry, and prayer. I have made a daily commitment to pray for you even though it isn’t clear to me who you are. I pray for you to find closeness with God. I pray for you to have the strength to make it through whatever trials and tribulations that may come your way. I pray that He gives you courage to do what you know is right and guide you to always make wise decisions. I pray that God will bless your day, your family, your work, and your friends. . . and I pray that He will guard your heart for me just as He guards mine for you. I can’t deny that there have been others that have appeared in my life and challenged my patience and my desire to find you. However they have never been able to deter me. I see them as only preparation for the great love we will one day share and I consider them all lessons learned. It’s hard sometimes, this wait . . .this search. But it has made me independent. Living alone, I have learned to handle whatever comes my way all by myself. I don’t have the luxury of falling apart because I don’t have anyone there to put me back together. But it’s hard to be strong all the time. You don’t even know how many times I’ve wanted you here to share my burdens and say to me, “don’t worry, I’ve got it,” and lighten my load just once. Understand that I wouldn’t expect you to say that ALL of the time. What I do expect is the two of us handling life’s ups and downs together. As the saying goes “a burden shared is a burden halved.” It’s funny, I always thought I’d be married by age 23. I don’t know why I chose this particular number, maybe it was because my mother was married at that point in her life. However, as I look back, I am glad that we didn’t find each other that early in my life. You see, I wasn’t ready then. There were things about myself that needed working on. There were experiences that I needed to have. There were obstacles I needed to overcome. There were lessons I needed to learn. And now I am content in knowing that each day we are apart is an extra day for me to work on myself. It is an extra day to pull out all those insecurities and fears that are sometimes too much a part of me. It is an extra day for me to be certain that all old wounds and scars are completely healed. It is an extra day for me to work on becoming the woman God wants me to be and the woman that you need and desire in your life. I feel that because of our wait, I’ll be able to come to you healed and whole. The longer it takes the more prepared for you I will be. Because of this, I don’t mind waiting because I know that I will be ready, and I know that you will be well worth the wait.

Love,
Your Future Wife, Shana

No comments: