Friday, May 06, 2005

A random top 10 list

Top 10 things I want to to do before I die (not in order, just in order of when I thought of them):

1. Travel to exotic places all over the world
2. Learn how to make a ceramic pot on 'the wheel'
3. Get married and have children
4. Go to nursing school and finish the B.S.N. I already have half finished.
5. Improve on the top 10 things that annoy me about myself
6. Learn how to Salsa dance with my s.o.
7. Learn how to cook more (healthy) ethnic dishes
8. Tour with a choir to Europe (again)
9. Learn how to paint contemporary art
10. Go sky diving and bungie jumping

10 ten things that annoy me about myself ( some of these I discovered while forced to stay at home for a week, dr.'s orders).

1. My innate ability to leave shoes everywhere around the house
2. Always leaving cups in the living room (or on the computer desk)
3. The fact that I can't magically wake up ready and happy to go to work everyday
4. Having allerigies, and catching every sickness from the kids I teach
5. My ability to have a favorite song, and not know the CD title or artist
6. Being depressed on Sunday's right before going back to work
7. My tibia that keeps throbbing just because it 'feels like it'
8. No matter how much I clean behind my ears, they never seem clean enough to me
9. My back problems from myriads of car accidents (I'm always tense)
10. The ups and downs moods I go through sometimes

10 ten things I accomplished so far:

1. Masters and Bachelor's degrees from T.S.U.
2. Buying a house (and finally getting a new car after college)
3. Finding a job in teaching and loving it (my first position was crazy!)
4. Getting into District Choir, Placing 2nd at a vocal solo competition, singing scholarship at TSU
5. Went to Europe (Salzburg, Munich, and Budapest) with Cantoria
6. Going back to Church after searching for a home church for 2 years
7. Piano scholarship and piano accompanying since 5th grade
8. Traveled some cities in the states with SWC (Select Women's Choir), [could still travel much more]
9. My HS choir (that I taught) earned I's at State everytime we went!
10. Earning Kodaly Certification Level 1 (going for 2 and 3 soon!)

Top ten other goals I have right now:

1. Lose 5-10 pounds or at least find a way to work around my tibia so I can run/exercise consistently again
2. Plan a canoe trip for July (in the works)
3. Plan to attend Kodaly II classes this summer
4. Be a good bridesmaid for Liz's wedding in July
5. Make new friends, but keep the old (sorry I had to do it)
6. Push myself to be a better Christian (I'm so lazy!)
7. Making commitments to myself and keeping them
8. Doing what I can to stay out of 'being in a slump'
9. Find new and creative activities to do with my time (and friends) that don't cost big bucks
10. Read, Read, and Read

No comments: