Saturday, August 04, 2007

I'm a Mac Girl now!

I'm SO excited. Yesterday I purchased the last MacBook Pro (of the one I wanted) supposedly in the St. Louis area. I saved a ton buying on tax-free weekend and using my education discount (and let's not forget all the rebates I'll get in the mail too). Today I just figured out how to go wireless, very exciting. I'm well-versed in using a Mac for my job, but I've never had one of my very own. It will be interesting learning all the technical stuff, because I'm used that being done for me, but I welcome the challenge. Next up is figuring out how to make my printer and maybe even my stereo wireless with my airport :)

Talk about how much I still have to learn, when I first started this baby up, I hunted down all the driver disks for my PC stuff that I still use. Turns out, I don't even need them! That's how much better a mac is! Let's also talk about how my sales rep told me not to bother with the virus software, why? because MACS ARE BETTER!

I'm SO happy to be joining the Mac world. First I had o-t-j software training, next came the video IPOD I won, now FINALLY I have my very own :)

1 comment:

jamin said...

Um, yeah. How long have I been saying that about Linux? :)

OS X for the Mac is basically a Unix with a pretty face.

Don't have to worry about viruses, drivers (usually), or ugliness.

-jamin