Saturday, September 23, 2006

God's love and protection is shining down on me!

Today I had my first clinical rotation. I was a bit nervous at first because I didn't get to sleep until 1300 as I was trying to get all my research completed before we came in the next morning. I was definitely hurtin' until my caffeine kicked in just before we started to walk over to our floor. After lunch, our instructor told us to finish-up our charts and speak with our client's nurse and then we discussed our day. Most of us thought we would be there until 1900 and were very glad to know we would get to leave after our post-conference. So for having 3 hours to take a much needed nap after school, I was very grateful.

I then came home and had my mail from the last few days jammed in the mail slot of my door. I'm not sure what happens in the city, but I definitely don't get my mail every day, like I usually did in the house. Anyway I see a large envelope from the college, and I start to get nervous. I heard the scholarship results were being sent to everyone, but I hadn't heard any thing about my application yet. Turns out I was blessed with a VERY nice-sized scholarship! This is to be the biggest scholarship I've ever receieved. I feel so blessed to have been given what will end up covering my education expenses for 2 semsters of the school year! My Mom told me she thinks it's a sign that I'm going in the right direction, and I think I have to agree. All I can say, is "Wow, thanks God! You're awesome, thank you!"

On another note, my landlord's property managers were upstairs pounding away at putting a new door into my neighbor's balcony. Turns out that two people across the street be-friended her simply so they could scope out her apartment. They managed to climb to the second floor balcony and steal some of her electronic equipment. The wierd thing is-I saw the two of the three involved several times come over to 'hang-out.' They installed alarm equipment in her apartment, but I thought, hey, shouldn't the rest of us get them too? I was just very grateful once again, that God has been watching over me, and keeping me safe.

Well... I have a huge test to study for tommorow, and another clinical rotation. I better get back to studying.

No comments: